Sunday 21 April 2013

Paris Portes

I'm not the first to be enchanted by the doors in Paris, specifically in the Marais neighborhood where I spent the last three weeks. It was fun to admire so many, and make collages of my favorites.

I guess I'm intrigued by the symbolism of doorways / portals / gateways. My chosen name (Theta) is the Greek letter that begins the word Thanatos, which means death... the gate we all pass through - after birth of course!

But more than one person has reminded me lately that theta also begins Theos, from which we get enthusiasm - another portal of sorts, where we ourselves become an entryway for inspiration and joy.


Aspects of both these interpretations appeal to me as I consider my time in Paris. I feel I've really stepped through into a new phase of recognizing what makes a good life for me. Some old ideas needed to be buried and new ones needed life breathed into them.

Paris was an entryway not only into France and French culture, but an access point for enthusiasm. And let me tell you (in my next post).... WOW! It feels so good to feel excited!! Stay tuned for details....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment