Friday 12 April 2013

Très Forte, C'est Moi

Shine your light on me...

I'm appreciating the similarity between forty and fort-y; fort meaning (adj.) strong, loud, (adv.) very hard... My dictionary says, vous y aller plus fort conveys, "you are going a bit too far"... Which I have been feeling. As in, sure this Paris business appears exciting, but I wonder -- why the hell did I take myself all the way to a foreign country, alone, to celebrate?? Ah right, that's me: a tad strong, a little much...

Anne et Cecile

Anyway, the abundant Facebook birthday wishes were wonderfully warming in this chilly rain, and I did have a delicious authentic French dinner at Bistro Paul Bert with two Alexander teachers I just met. I didn't photograph our meals, which included crayfish sautéed in butter, poached egg in mushroom-onion broth, lamb liver, andouillette (if you like tripe, which I kinda do, this one's for you), veal, and asparagus.

I did capture dessert: Look at that giant chocolate macaron! And you gotta dig the cheese plate: They just give you the board, you help yourself, and then they bring it to the next patron. We got the last of the goat cheese :-)

 

When it stopped raining, the light on the buildings was sparkling.

 

1 comment:

  1. Theta, you're not alone. You had two new friends to share your "big" day. How awesome is that! And in a foreign country! Hope it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete